Sunday, January 20, 2008

In Loving Memory....

All the cousins with Famp!! We'll all miss Bub!!

Bub and Caleb



To one of the greatest person I've known in my life. My dear sweet grandma "Bub" passed away unexpectedly on January 6. It took everyone by surprise as she just kind of snuck out on us. It has been a really hard time. I think that I cried more the first 10 days of 2008 than I did in the entire year of 2007. Bub was just amazing. I never heard her speak anything bad about anyone else. She always made you feel so special. When I was little, I loved sleeping over at her house. She would make the best pancakes and would put them in whatever shape you would order. She was an amazing cook. Her lemon meringue pies and potato salad will be greatly missed. She was always giving to everyone else. She raised an amazing family. I have great aunts, uncles and cousins. It has been such a great comfort to be able to spend time with all of them and just be together. Sitting around and remembering and talking about Bub and all her great qualities and memories have helped ease the sadness. I could try all my life and not be able to accomplish everything she did and the person that she was. She has made me want to try harder to be better and more like her. She touched so many lives. My sister, Jordan and I were talking and we both have had more of a desire to be better cooks. I guess that's good for Greg and Zac, or not because they get all the rejects. I love my family and am grateful for all of them. Thank heavens for blogging because we can keep tabs better. Hankie girls forever!! I love you Bub and am trying to be like you!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bub will be missed like crazy, she was such an incredible woman. Let me know how the cooking thing goes; I hope you post your recipes and successes!

xox

January 21, 2008 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger pinksuedeshoe said...

That was really sweet. Thanks for posting, I couldn't agree more. And I agree with the cooking thing... here is to new recipies and failed attempts :o)

January 21, 2008 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Yeah I knew you would pull through. She really was the best. We should make potato salad for your birthday...

January 21, 2008 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I miss her so much. Wasn't she just the best grandma!! I have had the exact same thought about the cooking thing. She could just whip up a gourmet meal in a second...she was amazing.

January 21, 2008 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Such a sweet picture of Bub and Caleb! We'll have to put together a little "Bub" recipe book or something! That would be fun! I think everyone would like that!

January 25, 2008 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

cute new look!!!

January 27, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home