Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Au Revoir!!!

I have needed to post for a while but honestly have not felt quite up to it. I HATE goodbyes, even if you know they are coming. I'm glad February is over and that March is here. I'm glad it is getting warmer and that SPRING is coming.
My grandpa, POP, as we called him, passed away on Feb 13. He was 89. We knew it was coming but it's still hard to say goodbye. Pop was such a great grandpa. He served in WWII and had many amazing stories that we would try to pry out of him. I found out after he had died that when they liberated Rome from the Nazi's he met the Pope.

Pop was retired my entire life and I was so lucky to be able to spend so much time with my grandparents. They came to every soccer game, graduation, program, wedding, blessing or any other event that was important to my life. I'm so grateful for all the Jazz & Utah games that I got to go with Pop to. He had the best sense of humor and was always making us laugh and smile. We always went to California with them and it was the best. My grandparents would always come up to K-town every Friday night. We could always count on them being there for us.

I got to say a few memories, along with my siblings and cousins, at the funeral and I'm so glad I was able to do it and pay tribute to POP. I also got to put together a video of his life. He had a WONDERFUL life. He touched so many people. I'll miss him so much but it has made me think of what I really want out of life. It's been a good reflection for me and the legacy I want to leave. I LOVE YOU POP!!! Thanks for everything.



With Greg and I at our wedding, outside the temple
All the girls at Jord's wedding .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Wonderful post. I love you so much, and yes Pop is and will always be in our hearts and memories.

March 2, 2010 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

So sorry to hear...but what great memories you have of him. Thinking of you guys:)

March 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose the ones we love, even though we know it's only temporary. He looks just darling, and I'm sure you loved him to pieces. We're thinking of you and we sure love you all!!

March 2, 2010 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I miss him so much already. But I am so grateful that he was around for 27 years of my life. Best grandpa ever!

March 5, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home