Monday, October 27, 2008

F-R-E-E-D-O-M?!!!!

Our family had a crazy weekend! After 9 years of serving as Stake President my dad was released yesterday!! Our family has more than doubled in that time!! So my dad is officially a FREE ? man!! I think my mom won't know what to do with him around!! We got a picture of the family but the kids were all tired!! We love you DAD and everything you do for our family!!We attempted again to try and get some family pictures but our kids are never very cooperative!! Oh well, such is life!!
Saturday night we had our annual Halloween Party with the McKinleys and Broughs (who couldn't come because their little boy got croup:( we really missed them!! We had dinner and carved pumpkins, which I forgot to take a picture of the final product!!! DUH, what an idiot I am!!
We dressed the kids all up and they actually all switched costumes around!! We were watching my sisters twins so we found some other random costumes to dress them in!! They had fun!!
My little MONSTER!! Whose child is this anyway? Oh, I believe that it would be MINE!! Friday morning I didn't think my kids would make it through the day. I was out writing down my grocery list and Caleb came out looking like this!! He had found the baby powder and had proceeded to get it EVERYWHERE!!! In all the diapers, the floor, his books, his BED!!! It took me forever to get it all cleaned up. Liv was laughing and of course helping. I then got in the shower and my two little ones were at it again!! This time it was makeup all over my white bedspread!! I was too upset and frustrated to take any pictures!!! After 5 washes and a lot of scrubbing I got most of it out. But this all happened before 10:30 AM. I didn't think we were going to survive the day!! Some days being a mother is so HARD!! But I just love my kids and wouldn't want it any other way!!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Carrera said...

Oh my gosh!
Number One--Yay for your dad! Allen my FIL is only about 2 years into his calling as Stake Pres. so he's got some time!
Number Two--LOVE LOVE Liv's boots you had her in that day! And the tights too! Well, the whole outfit really. :)
Number Three--I cant believe your precious angels did such a thing as get makeup and baby powder all over! ;) Let me just say..I would die. My patience level would drop to the bottom and I would probably lose it. Good thing Im not a mom yet. haha. Glad you got most of it out though!
Number four--Cant wait for girls (day)! I hope you are coming!

October 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger loveourboys said...

So funny about your kids-I'M sORRY though. I am glad that you got a pic of C wearing the baby powder. You just gotta love those days!! That's when you cart them off to me so you can shower! :) Love ya-Stace

October 27, 2008 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

your dad is awesome, we love him!

i am so sorry about your kids being CRAZY! but like you said it's all part of the job when your a mom!

October 27, 2008 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

that pic of the luv made my day

October 28, 2008 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

kids have got to get into the baby powder at least once in their childhood. It is obligatory-isn't it?

October 29, 2008 at 4:15 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

OH, you're not supposed to tell me about all these fun things to come! : ) You have to admit though...your kids are pretty dang cute! If you can't get the rest of the makeup out of the bedspread try Fels Naptha - have you used it? Oh my wonderful! Shauna actually told me about it (you probably already know!) and it is FABULOUS!

October 29, 2008 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Andria said...

Yeah, that hard being a mother thing. I keep thinking, "what did I get myself into?" And i only have two! They're just hard work, that's for sure! I find I have to put up really cute pictures of them around the house so that when they are acting the naughtiest, I can look at those and remember that they are pretty cute, too!

November 2, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home