Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Run. Eat. Sleep? (not) REPEAT!!

We ran the Wasatch Back Relay this past weekend and had a BLAST!! Super Fun!! The race goes 180 miles from Logan to Park City. 12 people on a team and everyone runs three legs. Our team was named "Plain Ketchup 2" and we finished in 25 hrs and 52 minutes. It was such an experience to participate in and I would definitely do it again!! Go Team!! There were a few hightlights, the funniest being, Greg throwing up every little thing in his stomach at Exchange 17 and plastering the wrist band he handed off to our next guy! Gotta love it! What would a race be without some vomit? ha ha ha!! LOL! Here are some picts from the 2 day event.

Greg and I heading for the finish line, waiting for the other part of our team!!
ON our night runs!! This is right before Greg threw up all over the exchange area!!

My uncle Mo handing the wristband to Greg on his first leg, 7.5 miles up Avon Pass, in the heat and dust, but he kicked some major butt!!


Me, on my first leg!! I lucked out because it was still pretty overcast and not blistering hot!!




8 Comments:

Blogger Cam said...

That's a good story about Greg. I remember when we were running in high school gym class, John would always say that we got extra credit if we threw up. I bet he's a pretty proud dad...

June 25, 2008 at 4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a pretty good story about Greg, was it just hot? Trist and I commented many times during those two days about you guys running the Wasatch Back. Good Job!

June 25, 2008 at 5:48 AM  
Blogger heidikins said...

Ohmygoodness! I am amazed that you and Greg both ran that race! I'm seriously thinking about next year, hopefully minus the vomiting. :o)

xox

June 25, 2008 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

you are so hot! seriously you guys did that really fast! way to go! i hope we see each other next year!)

June 25, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Megan B said...

YOU ROCK!!! We did have angels on the back of our van...I looked for you but obviously you were FLYING PAST US!! No surprise there. You are awesome. Sorry about the barfing Greg...I so felt your pain buddy!

June 25, 2008 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

WOW! I am so excited for you! To run a race as a family! Doesn't get much better than that!!! You are so cute and always have a smile on your face. How do you do that???

June 26, 2008 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

WOW!!! I am so impressed! Way to go on the race! Yeah, wish we could've been there for Famp to eat his delicious ice cream. We've actually been making our own of Famp's famous strawberry ice cream! It turns out better and better each time! Someday I will perfect it to Famps standards!

June 26, 2008 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I think you two are amazing! That's really all I can say! I'm so impressed!!

June 29, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home